St Hild College is a pioneering theological institution for Yorkshire and the surrounding region. It has been formed by the merger of The Yorkshire Ministry Course and St Barnabas Theological Centre. Our training combines rigorous academic theology and mission-focused Christian practice in a community of shared learning.
We offer undergraduate and postgraduate awards validated by Durham University through the Common Awards programme. Our faculty brings together a strong team of lecturers and regional practitioners with research expertise in Biblical theology, doctrine and history, pastoral care, leadership and mission.
Our vision is to offer Christlike formation that equips missional leaders for the whole church.
- Christlike formation is at the heart of all we do. Our vision is of pastors, priests, deacons and leaders who are deeply rooted in Christ, enabling those they serve to reflect Jesus.
- Missional leadership looks for the church to grow in discipleship, in number and in service of society. We believe this requires attention to the work of the Spirit in our communities and learning to take risks for God’s kingdom.
- We exist to serve the whole church. We bring together Anglicans, Baptists and students from independent churches in a generous community of mutual learning.
We provide four streams of formation:
- Full-time ordination training
- Part-time ordination training
- Baptist ministerial formation
- Theology & Leadership Programmes